This early stage, private equity backed, multi-site consumer business requires an experienced CFO to establish a fit for purpose finance function and execute a buy and build plan.
- Set up the finance department including all of the systems and software required for recording, tracking, auditing and reporting for accounting, tax, treasury, financial and operational KPIs, human resources, investor reporting, compliance and legal.
- Set up and oversee credit control/accounts receivables and payables processes.
- Create and then oversee the management of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, profit and loss analysis, reports to investors/banking partners, development and monitoring of organizational and contract budgets.
- Create and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization. Ensure that substantiating documentation is approved and available for strategic purchases, large transactions and large contractual commitments. Supervise the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved.
- Participate in the company’s drive for growth, specifically: assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective acquisition/development budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective contractors and service delivery for any development.
- Participate in and supervise parts of acquisition due diligence, negotiations and transaction closing.
- As a business partner, collaborate with the CEO and senior management team to enhance, develop and implement policies, procedures and plans for systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Experience (at director level) of day-to-day financial operations, strong strategic and tactical. experience within a medium sized organisation (turnover of £50+ million) in multi-site consumer/retail;
- Experience of operating within a private equity backed environment;
- Ability to operate in a ‘hands on’ manner and execute within a resource light environment;
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, quickly evolving organization.
- Excellent communication skills — the ability to translate complex issues in a simple, straightforward way and to manage conflict well.