A leading PE backed provider of outsourced services into the technology sector requires a COO to work closely with the CEO in defining and delivering a targeted growth strategy for the business
Strategic and Operational Leadership
- Work with the Group CEO to define and deliver the business strategy;
- Lead the business by example, being the figure head for best practice and operational performance;
- Assign roles and responsibilities of direct reports, leading the team to deliver their responsibilities;
- Deliver income, profit and operational/service targets.
- Maintain the brand in its sector leading position;
- Assist the Group CEO with all new business development activities whilst providing support in managing and growing existing customer relationships;
- Continue to grow the market share through increased in-market engagement, new marketing and business development campaigns;
- Develop and define new revenue streams within the business, looking at both vertical and horizontal opportunities.
- Be a visible, clear and communicative leader when discussing change within the business. Be the champion of change and positively embrace new opportunities;
- Work with the Group Board to deliver an altered business model depending on the changing market environment;
- Manage, lead and motivate the sales, account management, and operations teams;
- Responsible for all sales and marketing activities of the group (UK & Europe);
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients in the UK and mainland Europe.
Skills and Experiences
- Previous experience as a managing director leading a business or divisional business;
- General management of cross-functional reports;
- Experience operating in a Private equity-backed environment desirable;
- P/L responsibility;
- Business strategy development and delivery;
- New product development, and taking new products to market;
- Functional marketing exposure within B2B environment selling into £15m to £50m+ turnover businesses or larger corporates;
- Outsourcing and business services experience.