Our client is a private equity backed Judicial Services company spread across seven regional sites with over 1000 employees.
The company recovers fines and monies on behalf of the UK Taxpayer via contracts with HMRC, the Child Support Agency, and Transport for London.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will oversee the Group’s Operations and IT functions, including those of recent and future acquisitions. He or she will be responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the company, which fall outside of HR, Finance, Business Development, and Governance.
Guided by the strategic objectives the COO will provide the operational leadership and management necessary to ensure that the company has sufficiently robust operational plans, controls, infrastructure and reporting procedures to quickly grow the organisation.
Key objectives will be improving operational efficiency through focus on appropriate financial and non-financial KPIs, structural cost reduction and delivering out performance of committed financial targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has grown year on year whilst winning many awards for quality, service, and culture. The business is primed for continued growth via both acquisitions and further contract wins, which will deliver a very successful exit for all shareholders when the business is sold.
- Implement a comprehensive monthly MI report that provides an accurate picture of each operating division
- Establish and implement KPIs for management of the operating divisions, with a particular focus on leading indicators
- Embed a weekly balanced scorecard process and reporting culture across the operating divisions, to enable rapid identification of potential business issues
- Implement material and structural cost control measures to the benefit of the business
- Strengthen the connection between Operations and Finance
- Develop a methodology to ensure business issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Integrate acquisitions and deliver increased performance at lower cost
Skills and Experience:
- A thorough understanding of how a company’s financial objectives cascade to front line operations
- Strong understanding of financial forecasts relating to operating divisions, and familiarity with divisional P&Ls, scenario testing, cost/benefit analyses and capital planning
- To be seasoned in designing work flows and operating procedures to deliver cost reduction and maximum efficiencies
- Experience of IBM Cognos would be ideal.
- A first class leader who motivates and energises. A clear decision maker who can lead and drive change
- You are a clear and independent thinker, logical, analytical and structured in your approach to all business issues and development opportunities
- You are prepared to argue your case and challenge the views of others where appropriate whilst supporting and complementing the CEO.
- You are focused – able to select and deliver big strategic wins and deliver day to day results simultaneously.
- Pragmatic and commercially astute you will be able to deliver Company and Investor objectives in a highly competitive environment.
- You are a driven, enterprising, enthusiastic individual who has a ‘can do attitude’ and is comfortable working at pace.