Opportunity for a dynamic, operationally focused CEO to lead a successful Private Equity backed manufacturing services organisation in next stage of its growth and subsequent exit.
The CEO will be focused on driving growth and profitability of the business in preparation for an exit in the next two years, whether this is a secondary buy-out or trade sale. The business is healthy and profitable with a strong senior management team in place, however, with a significant increase in new customers in the last 12 months initiatives need to be in place operationally to ensure that their main site is being used to its optimum. As the business scales there may also be a requirement to find an additional site in the UK or in a lower cost location such as Eastern Europe.
By being a visible, highly capable and hands on leader the CEO will be responsible for fully understanding the operational nuances of the organisation, as well as leading the strategic decision making process and growing the business. The successful candidate will be used to managing ‘a production environment’ and have an empathy for the manufactured product and a passion for excellence in service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of growing businesses in terms of new business and EBITDA in ‘production’ environments
- Excellent presentation and customer relationship management abilities
- Record of successfully engineering and crafting innovative solutions that offer customers greater choice and higher return on investment
- Degree and Post-graduate educated (in a relevant discipline) highly desirable
- Experience of working with Private Equity investors highly desirable
- International and M&A experience highly desirable
- Exceptional leader and motivator of people
- Without ego, as comfortable being operational and into detail as with participating in main board discussions
- Highly customer oriented with a genuine desire to deliver first class service; shows resilience, is accountable for own actions and those of their team
- Executes for results, can make necessary decisions to get best business results
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Possesses the right risk/reward mindset for operating in a growth/Private Equity environment
- Strong cross-functional teaming skills: has proven abilities to effectively lead and manage management and staff across multiple projects and teams
- Consistently provides expertise and support in guiding cross-functional projects/teams to mitigate risks and capitalise on opportunities
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills: proven track record and experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners/customers and stakeholders across organisational levels