This private equity backed multi-site leisure business requires a Property Development Director to strengthen the leadership within the business' property function. Together with the Property Acquisition Director this person will be responsible for the identification and development of up to 80 new and refurbished sites annually.
To achieve these goals, the property function will need to drive market excellence in expenditure, site development and project management.
- Develop and implement a new project management model, moving from a site by site specification approach to a standard cost model
- Review the Contractor base (terms, conditions and capabilities) and create a pathway for competitive tenders
- Forensically understand the cost and expenditures on project development
- Develop processes to achieve marginal gains in sourcing, labour margin costs, reduction in change specifications and purchasing terms
- Recruit, manage, support and mentor members of the development team to drive change
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior property development role, within a multi-site leisure or retail environment
- Clear experience of having successfully devised and implemented strategies which delivered growth
- Strong knowledge of national property market with a focus on London and the South East
- Strong experience in leadership, project management, finance and commercial negotiations