Head of Public Affairs
This position will have responsibility for delivering the business' advocacy and public affairs (government and stakeholder relations) programme.
The key objective is to engage and influence policy makers in government and the industry regulator as well as opinion formers in politics and the media to raise awareness of the company and its public policy and regulatory requirements.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the business’ government and stakeholder relations programme
- Monitor relevant public policy trends and deliver specific external and internal engagement
- Be an advocate and corporate spokesperson for the company’s agenda and its social and economic
- Use contacts and knowledge of the UK and EU political and business environment to build a broad coalition of support for the business
- Promote and protect the business’ reputation with public policy and regulatory stakeholders
- Work with the Customer Care team to drive airline advocacy amongst social media followers
- Work with the Commercial team (including PR) and Internal Communications, where appropriate,
- Manage public affairs agency support on project by project basis
- Manage and organise internal and external targeted events to promote the business’ agenda, delivering
- Recent relevant experience with a strong aviation public affairs background having gained experience in governmental affairs and lobbying.
- Expert knowledge of politics and current affairs
- Advanced marketing or business qualification desirable
- Previous in-house and/ or agency public affairs experience, preferably in a fast-moving and/or high profile organisation
- Experience of operating in a change and transformational environment
- Strong influencing skills, able to work effectively to objectives with the sensitivity to be effective across a wide range of stakeholders
- Commercially aware with the ability to see the big picture and beyond the task