Interim People Director
An established consumer travel business requires an interim People Director during a critical phase of the business’s transformation. The main focus will be to energise the work force to drive operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Establish an employee engagement programme to reflect the culture of the business
- Build a dynamic and creative training and development strategy in line with the business goals of the organisation
- Develop a proactive and responsive people strategy
- Drive change by challenging how things are ‘normally’ done, and implement that change in a positive way.
- Direct a communications strategy that will achieve and sustain a high-performance/high-commitment workforce
- Review appraisal processes, ensure follow up is delivered in terms of actions and training and development
- Create a robust pipeline of next generation leaders
- Provide advice and support to the executive management team on HR issues
- Extensive HR experience within fast-paced, demanding and commercial environments where operational HR issues have to be handled on a large scale
- Needs to have worked as part of cohesive business teams with experience of aligning HR strategies to commercial requirements
- Track record of championing change across functional boundaries, winning buy-in at the top and pushing against resistance
- Leading major change programmes that address structural and cultural issues and building organisational capability
- Experience of operating in a heavily unionised workforce environment
- Will have operated at Board level, within multi-site consumer or retail environments