With the business now operating out of 14 sites, and with an aggressive rollout strategy the business is now in a position where further growth can be accelerated by the addition of managerial skill-sets that it has not previously had.
The role of Managing Director will be to bring process, structure and commercial insight to the senior team to help develop and execute an appropriate roll-out strategy.
By being a visible, highly capable and hands-on leader the Managing Director will be responsible for fully understanding the operational nuances of the organisation, as well as leading the strategic decision-making process and growing the business. The successful candidate will be used to managing “people businesses” and have a passion for driving a brand. The Managing Director will also be involved in further fundraising and ultimately the sale of the business.
- Lead a store roll-out program, taking the business from 14 to 25/30 sites over the next three years;
- Lead the recently appointed Head of Marketing in the implementation of a complete re-branding exercise and marketing plan;
- Develop a suite of KPIs that provide the board and shareholders with visibility of the businesses performance;
- Develop fit for purpose operating and financial systems;
- Manage the business planning and presentation process for further fund raising;
- Working with the Head of Property, identify locations for further store openings;
- Day to day line management responsibilities for direct reports;
- Deliver the growth plan for the business and a successful exit of the business in 3-4 years.
- Experience operating in an entrepreneurial environment, previous experience of Private Equity highly desirable;
- Significant multi-site roll-out experience;
- General management experience, managing more than one specialised function (e.g. Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance) simultaneously;
- Experience of a consumer retail/ branded environment;
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are achieved;
- Financially articulate;
- Fund raising and sale experience highly desirable.
Personal Qualities and Drivers:
- Exceptional leader and motivator of people;
- Highly customer oriented with a genuine desire to deliver first class service;
- Shows resilience, is accountable for own actions and those of their team;
- Executes for results, can make necessary decisions to get best business results;
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation);
- Motivated by being “hands on”. Exceptional operations skills and ability to drive efficiencies;
- Passionate about brand and marketing;
- Possesses the right risk/reward mindset for operating in a growth/Private Equity environment.