Property Management Director
Our client is a leading private equity backed property management company with a group turnover of approximately £73 million and employs more than 3,500 people.
- Deliver a fit for purpose and ‘best in class’ operational delivery function to all clients and the residents within the 1700 developments.
- Have full ownership and responsibility for profit and loss across the division.
- Ensure the profitable growth of the business and deliver their aim of being the number one property management business in the UK.
- Transform and restructure a remote and disparate field operations team of over 300 people (including site based staff).
- Provide the operational leadership and management necessary to ensure that the company has sufficiently robust operational plans, controls, infrastructure and reporting procedures to quickly grow the organisation.
- Key objectives will be improving operational efficiency through focus on appropriate financial and non-financial KPIs, structural cost reduction and delivering outperformance of committed financial targets.
- Embed new integrated operational processes working with and through the Heads of Customer Service and Customer Accounts.
- Establishing and implementing key performance indicators for management of the Property Management Division.
- Embedding a weekly balanced scorecard process and reporting culture across the operating divisions, to enable rapid identification of potential business issues.
- Implementing a comprehensive monthly MI report that provides an accurate and easy to understand the picture of the division.
- Quality Management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Managing People - mobilises others to fulfill operational objectives, provides leadership across the division.
- Planning/Organising - prioritises and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
- Plans for additional resources.
- Sets goals and objectives.
- Organises or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Develops realistic action plans.
- Motivation - sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Innovation - displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Cost control – experience of identifying and driving through cost reduction.
- Change Management - develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Customer focus – demonstrates a passion for delivering high quality customer service, and leads from the front.
- Adept at interacting well with senior B2B clients.
- Integrity will be important to you - open, honest and direct, you will fit with the company’s continuing desire to maintain values in developing culture where all are treated with respect.
- A first class leader who motivates and energises; A clear decision maker who can lead and drive change; A good coach, you will identify potential for career progression and ensure talent is recognised.
- You are focussed – able to select and deliver big, strategic wins and day to day tactical results simultaneously.
- You are a driven, enterprising, dynamic individual who is most comfortable working at a rapid pace.
- Membership of Institute of Residential Property Managers or the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors is desirable.
- Educated to degree level ideally.