This private equity backed multi-site leisure business requires a Property Acquisition Director to strengthen the leadership within the business' property function. Together with the Property Development Director this person will be responsible for the identification and development of up to 80 new and refurbished sites annually.
To achieve these goals, the property function will need to drive market excellence in expenditure, site development and project management.
- Primary accountability for the delivery of a high-quality property pipeline which aligns with the target locations identified by our analytical tools supported by knowledge and experience
- Ensure that the business is able to achieve its target number of site openings each year, with flexibility to adjust upwards or downwards where necessary
- Maintain a high-quality network of property agents and other contacts, ensuring that the business is first choice for property opportunities that arise
- Ensure that all potential locations are visited and thoroughly reviewed prior to submitting feasibility reports. Furthermore, ensure that key cities/towns/areas are visited proactively, and ideal locations identified, even if specific property is not available at that time
- Working with the Development Director and the Director of Operations, redesign and implement the end-to-end process from property acquisition through to site opening. The objective being to maximise efficiency and minimise cost/duplication of effort
- Conduct post-opening appraisals, both financial and operational, ensuring that the process is regularly updated for new learning
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior acquisitions role, within a multi-site leisure or retail environment
- Clear experience of having successfully devised and implemented strategies which delivered growth
- Strong knowledge of national property market with a focus on London and the South East
- Strong experience in commercial negotiations, leadership and financial analysis