Chief Financial Officer
This private equity backed food manufacturing and distribution business requires a CFO to join an established team focused on growing the business not only in terms of sales and profits, but talent, products, revenue, channels, and competitive strengths.
- Lead and take overall responsibility for all aspects of the finance department;
- Position the finance department to be more aligned with the commercial activities of the Group, identifying any gaps or weaknesses, and take appropriate action to strengthen the department;
- Add value to customer and partner relationships in terms of contract negotiations and partner framework agreements;
- Coordinate and prepare all statutory reporting (including appropriateness of accounting policies), monthly management accounts, cash and performance forecasts in addition to presenting the financial information in the monthly Board packs to the Board;
- Co-ordinate and manage the preparation of 12 months rolling P&L, cash flow and balance sheets and financial covenant tests thereon;
- Develop and implement a dashboard of KPIs that provide early signals on performance and highlight potential commercial opportunities;
- Manage relationships with Investors and Banks and liaise with external auditors and advisors.
- Degree educated from a top/recognised institution with a professional accountancy qualification (ACA or similar) and a proven track record in previous CFO/FD roles;
- Gravitas, credibility, independence, strength of character and be highly commercial. Comfortable representing the business to customers as a non-salesman advocate and influencer;
- Experience of the food sector and manufacturing;
- Experience of operating in Private Equity backed businesses or in a business that has a leveraged financial structure;
- Demonstrable experience of M&A, (including integration of acquisitions and amalgamation of different systems);
- Strategic ability with strong execution skills and the ability to see broad issues affecting the future of the company, and recommend programmed actions accordingly;
- Experience of treasury and foreign exchange risk management;
- Experience of IT and systems and the ability to scope and manage an IT implementation project.