Chief Financial Officer
This private equity backed multi-site retail business requires a forward thinking commercial Chief Financial Officer to join a new and dynamic team focused on growing the business.
The ideal candidate will constructively challenge the CEO, acting as a business partner and being capable of contributing to the growth and strategic development of the business in areas outside of the remit of the finance function.
- As a main Board Director manage and upgrade the finance function into a centre of business intelligence which provides data, insight and strategic direction allowing the business to make more informed decisions
- Coordinate and prepare all statutory reporting (including appropriateness of accounting policies), monthly management accounts, cash and performance forecasts
- Co-ordinate and manage the preparation of 12 month rolling P&L, cash flow and balance sheets and financial covenant tests thereon
- Develop and implement a dashboard of KPIs that provide early signals on performance and highlight potential commercial opportunities
- Working with the Commercial team to optimise pricing strategies, ensuring maximum profits are generated
- In line with the planned growth, you will lead the evaluation of potential acquisition targets to accelerate capability in chosen geographical areas
- Candidates will be degree educated from a top/recognised institution with a professional accountancy qualification (ACA or similar) and a proven track record in previous CFO/FD roles
- Experience of operating in multi-site retail or leisure businesses
- Experience of operating within a private equity backed environment is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of M&A, ideally within a business that has managed successful international expansion
- Strategic with strong execution skills and the ability to see broad issues affecting the future of the company, and recommend programmed actions accordingly