Chief Marketing Officer
This rapidly expanding, private equity-backed tech-enabled B2B services business requires a Chief Marketing Officer to transform and professionalise the marketing function and facilitate further significant growth in the UK and US. This is a newly created position on the board and this role will play a critical role in propelling the business towards its aggressive growth targets and eventual exit.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the marketing mix with a particular focus on customer acquisition through digital and direct marketing platforms across UK & US markets;
- Manage, lead and motivate the marketing team;
- Working closely with product and sales teams to initiate and optimize digital campaigns that contribute to demand generation;
- Deliver consistent and up-to-date content across all digital channels, growing and engaging digital audiences, while managing a team of expert marketers;
- Develop imaginative social media programmes - optimising cost effectiveness and potential;
- Implement performance metrics, tracking, and reporting on all marketing activity. Analysing performance and ROI
- Understand the different customer segments across multiple countries, the sales funnel and nurturing lifecycle;
- Diversify into new sectors and constantly look for new opportunities and areas of growth;
- Deliver increased customer insight and segmentation focused on opportunities for upsell / cross-sell;
- Identify new market trends and product development opportunities in the UK and US;
- As part of the management team, attend regular meetings, contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures and budgets and produce a monthly board pack.
- Proven experience in international B2B digital businesses;
- Experience of developing digital and offline marketing strategies to deliver US growth;
- First class experience in customer acquisition through SEO & PPC;
- Used to working effectively in a fast-moving organisation;
- Creative thinker - extensive experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on creative and dynamic marketing strategies;
- Analytically oriented, understanding performance metrics, tracking, reporting and analysing all campaigns based on results;
- A passionate, forward-thinking digital marketing leader, someone who can articulate a vision and engage others to deliver their vision.