Our client is a leading bathroom and kitchen manufacturer. This new role will be responsible for the planning and creation of a new direct selling organisation within the larger group.
The new division will sell branded products direct to consumers via direct marketing campaigns and online. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful company at a critical point in their growth.The position will provide leadership to a newly built team of field sales and commission only agents to deliver a significant and sustainable revenue stream for the Group. Significantly contribute to the executive management of the new brand, division, and company as a whole. The individual will work closely with the selected Advertising Agency and the Marketing Director to build a robust and successful direct marketing campaign and monitor its performance making adjustments as required by market dynamics.
- Create and develop a new direct selling organisation.
- Develop a 3 year Sales & Marketing Business Plan with the Marketing Director and Group CEO
- Develop, manage and lead creative direct selling strategies and initiatives to generate significant revenue over the next three years
- Plan, manage and energise resources according to agreed budgets.
- Develop and lead the delivery of direct selling plans and targets as set by the Group CEO and Executive Board.
- Recruit, develop, direct, and manage the direct sales team, fully implementing best practice in developing direct sales brand image and reputation.
- Develop new strategies that direct the Sales Force into achieving Business Plans for 2013 -15 and provide the team with Industry leading tools and promotions.
- Work with a small back office team to cleanse leads and make quality appointments for the direct sales team to execute
- Develop accurate and reliable forecast and budgets aligned to the business objectives.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director, to design and implement effective direct marketing campaigns including advertising and direct mail.
- To strategically develop UK Marketing, advertising, PR and promotional events that deliver the most cost effective ROI for the direct sales division
- Adaptations, Building Materials sector
- Direct selling – recruiting self employed commission based sales operation
- Building a new direct selling brand and commercial sales function
- Knowledge of levers and successful dynamics important for a direct selling organisation.
- Held a senior Commercial Director or General Manger position in a similar or larger direct selling organisation with proven history of creating and maximising success
- Experience of creating new operations/divisions from a standing start, including developing strategy, building infrastructure, recruiting a team, and delivering sales growth quickly
- Proven Commercial/Sales team and general management experience
- Working closely with Marketing teams to develop creative and effective direct marketing/sales campaigns
- Managing and developing a mid-sized commercial/sales team to maximum effect.
- Multi-sector and Channel experience
- Advanced commercial, sales, communication and influencing skills
- Most importantly you should be dynamic, results driven, and hungry for success
- Sets high standards for self and others, personally authoritative but committed to creating a culture of responsibility at all levels
- A creative, lateral thinker and energetic team player with a high level of enthusiasm.
- An inspirational leader, results driven with a track record of achievement with ability to affect change and motivate others