Divisional Managing Director
Our client is a leader in its field (membership services, integrated media services and market research) and has developed a strategy for continued acquisitive and organic growth, both within the UK and internationally. As part of this strategy, the group requires an operationally focused divisional managing director for its most significant division.
Taking full responsibility for the P&L, the role’s primary focus will be to grow revenue and EBITDA while managing the cost base and operational efficiencies.
The Board considers this to be a pivotal hire in terms of successfully delivering their three year plan as well as providing an option in terms of board level succession at the next exit.
- Work closely with the executive team to implement the business strategy to grow memberships whilst also increasing other revenue streams
- Manage, lead and motivate a team encompassing, events, advertising sales, editorial, membership, commercial solutions, digital development and HR
- Become the senior and visible face of the business across the full spectrum of customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Work with digital development to find new ways to harness technologies and grow revenue
- Become imbedded in their sector understanding key trends and themes, manage and work with the various teams to develop appropriate content
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a general management in a publishing/content production/marketing/media/membership or subscription based environment
- A proven track record of growing earnings either at a divisional or company level
- Excellent leadership and people development/mentoring experience. Must be comfortable with managing teams and working with board level directors.
- Used to and confident in making business critical decisions
- Sound knowledge of business systems and process improvement
- Comfortable in fast moving entrepreneurial environment
- Financially and operationally literate in terms of commercial and pricing
- Ability to align sales strategy, performance and culture with wider company objectives
- Ideally degree educated from a recognised institution
- Entrepreneurial and commercially creative
- Practically minded, not afraid of getting stuck in and hands on
- Proven track record in achieving substantial targets
- Presence and gravitas, but someone who is personable and out-going
- Motivated and enthused by difficulty and challenge, coupled with a strong competitive nature to excel and build the best team
- Confident decision maker with the ability to nail actions and get things done
- Good problem solver. Capable of overcoming blocks and barriers
- Equally passionate about the company as the rest of the team and empathetic to the sector they service
- Manages through example, trust and respect
- Ability to inspire the team and also excite potential customers
- Accommodating attitude towards measured professional risk