Group Business Development Director
Are you looking for an employer with a meaningful purpose who can also satisfy your ambitions?
Then look no further.
Ground Control is a highly entrepreneurial ground maintenance contractor whose primary objective is to care for the environment through caring for its people, embracing innovation and new technologies.
By 2025 we have pledged to be carbon neutral, planted 1 million trees and invested 5% of our annual profits (through our Evergreen Fund) in environmentally focused start-up companies.
This is all possible due to our continued growth. Since 2004 (when Simon and Kim Morrish acquired the business) we have grown revenues from £8 to £135 million. We believe we can do more and have set ourselves a target of doubling revenues and profits over the next five years.
That’s where this role comes in. We are looking for a Business Development Director who can take us from good to great.
The role will report directly to the Managing Director and take full responsibility for:
- Creating and delivering the business development strategy.
- Building and leading a winning team.
- Developing market intelligence – where are the opportunities and how do we access them.
- Deploying our resources and efforts appropriately – right customers, right time, right services, right contacts.
- Fostering long-term, strategic relationships with blue chip, multi-site commercial property owners.
- Winning work through non-competitive and competitive processes.
- Building processes, systems and capabilities to cross sell and upsell our full suite of services.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have proven experience of building market leading sales functions. You will have made the case for sales and subsequently positioned your function at the heart of your employer and market.
- are experienced B2B sales leaders who are equally strong at winning business direct as they are in leading bid management and tendering processes.
- invest time in developing their leadership capabilities and qualities. We are looking for a leader not a loan hunter. We expect you to get your kicks out of watching your people succeed.
- possess entrepreneurial flair but equally you know what good looks like and you’ve been professionally trained in larger corporate environments.
We believe this is an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in driving a highly successful business to new heights and for doing so you will share the benefits through a generous management equity scheme.