Our client is a VC backed Financial Services business poised for growth. They are looking for a very commercial Managing Director to work with the current investors to double the size of the business (with a view to selling the business in 2-3 years) and help up-sell to their current and future client base.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the delivery of the strategic plan for the business. During a particularly exciting phase for the business this individual will need to be commercially astute and strategic yet hands on and delivery focused. Excellent interpersonal and leadership qualities will be required to allow for leading a growing team and understanding the drivers of key stakeholders.
- Lead growth and value creation, delivering the strategic plans of the shareholders and help define a new five year plan
- Take responsibility for the performance and development of the senior management team
- Inspire and encourage a culture of personal growth through effective mentoring and coaching
- Drive top line growth through effective deployment of Sales and Marketing resources
- Be an Ambassador for the business to new and existing customers and ultimately to future owners of the business
- Provide the strategic leadership for operations and commercial functions
- Provide regular briefings to staff on business strategies and priorities ensuring all staff know how they contribute to the business
- Build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels through open communication and constructive feedback
- An understanding of the commercial challenges in the payments market is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a smaller entrepreneurial business without 'big company' infrastructure. However, the ideal candidate will have probably worked in a bigger business and learned the discipline and rigour that brings
- Ideal candidate will be motivated by opportunity to grow this business and see the future potential
- Recent commercial application and a history of assessing and analysing new business opportunities
- Experience in developing and deploying business strategy that delivers sustainable growth in new and existing categories and markets
- A business improvement focus and someone who gets excited about value creation and job creation.
- Experience of operating in a high growth, privately owned business
- Understanding of both B2B and B2C markets
- Exceptional leader and motivator of people. High levels of emotional intelligence, someone who is accessible and does not sit in an ivory tower
- Without ego, as comfortable being operational and into detail as with participating in main board discussions
- Highly customer oriented with a genuine desire to deliver first class service; shows resilience, is accountable for own actions and those of their team
- Executes for results, can make necessary decisions to get best business results
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Possesses the right risk/reward mindset for operating in a growth/Private Equity environment
- Strong cross-functional teaming skills. Has proven abilities to effectively lead and manage management and staff across multiple projects and teams
- Consistently provides expertise and support in guiding cross-functional projects/teams to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven track record and experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners/customers and stakeholders across organizational levels