This private equity backed B2B travel management business requires a Managing Director to lead the continued growth of their UK business ahead of an exit in the next 3-4 years. The business requires a Managing Director with a strong commercial/sales background to professionalise their sales function and capability whilst maintaining industry leading customer service.
- Take ownership for and Manage UK/EU profit and loss account and associated appropriate budgets for the UK/EU business to maximise shareholder and Private Equity investor returns, ensuring achievement of EBITDA targets.
- Facilitate the streamlining of processes and procedures across the Sales, Account Management and Operations teams within the UK, USA and EU to ensure a consistent best practice approach is taken across all geographic regions, resulting in consistent, efficient and effective group processes wherever possible.
- In collaboration with other country managers, support the development of a “global” client solution for international customers.
- Manage appropriate budgets for the UK business to maximise shareholder returns;
- Keep fully abreast of the Travel Management Industry to identity potential new business opportunities (geographical expansion, acquisitions, partnerships etc.) making well-reasoned and researched recommendations to the Board of Directors with clearly defined ROI;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, investors, colleagues, suppliers, regulatory bodies and appropriate membership organisations in the industry sector, that will enable the anticipation of customer needs, market trends, and competitor strategies to secure competitive advantage in the UK;
- Proven track record of translating business goals into clearly defined and successful business strategies and initiatives;
- Proven track record in increasing revenue and margin through sound sales, marketing and operations initiatives;
- Proven track record in managing a significant business P&L or budget with direct accountability for the delivery of the business unit’s achievements;
- Experience of managing more than one specialised function (e.g., Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance) simultaneously;
- Experience of operating in a PE backed business would be an advantage