Our client is a B2C direct sales business, which designs, manufactures and distributes home products. Based in the Midlands, they are looking to recruit a Marketing Director to sit on the board and completely manage the marketing function.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all marketing strategies, tactics, marketing communications and public relations activities in order to meet targets for growth, profitability and creative aspirations. Significantly contribute, as a board member, to the executive management of the company.
Strategy and Planning
- Create, develop and implement the delivery of market leading direct marketing campaigns across existing and new channels (print media, insert media, online/digital) to achieve or exceed 2014-2016 business growth plans.
- Develop, manage and lead creative marketing campaigns to generate cost effective quality sales leads in support of the field sales agents whilst providing better insight and analysis of existing data to drive continuous improvement and maximise marketing spend.
- Ensure customer journey through the various contact points is seamless, efficient, and effective in converting leads to sales.
- Plan, manage and energise resources in line with Marketing budget.
- Develop advertising, promotion and public relations programmes that ensure that the brands meet all Group objectives and business plans.
Marketing Programme Implementation
- Develop and lead the delivery of marketing plans and targets as set by the Group CEO and Executive Board.
- Manage the Marketing Team fully implementing best practice in developing corporate image and reputation, protecting the Company’s brand and ensuring Advertising and PR is delivered in accordance with best value.
- Develop new strategies that direct the Field Sales Force into achieving Business Plans for 2014 -16 and provide the team with good quality convertible sales leads.
- To work with and manage agency partners, to design and implement effective marketing campaigns across all channels.
- To strategically develop UK Marketing, advertising, and PR that deliver the most cost effective achievements.
- Analysis and reporting on statistics produced by finance on profitability, ROI/success of advertising campaigns, new product sales, sales by geography and channel and sales by customer value and a number of customers.
- Direct Marketing/Sales knowledge.
- A strong understanding of market dynamics and requirements.
- A strategic thinker, taking into consideration the wider business, yet able to drive the marketing team and lead by example. This is a hands-on role.
- Highly numerate and analytical with an appreciation of Financial planning and creating and working to budgets whilst having the ability to analyse campaign data and metrics that continually drive improvement and ROI across all channels.
- Digital marketing and the role it plays across the whole customer journey.
- A creative, lateral thinker and energetic team player with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Understanding of private equity – balancing long term corporate/brand goals with short to medium term profitability/value generation.
- A proven ability to oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
- Proven experience of hiring, developing and retaining excellent talent.