The incoming Sales Director will form part of an experienced and high calibre management team and has the potential to develop into a senior board position (CEO), with the business likely to go through another transaction in the next 3-5 years.
Our client is a technical services outsourcing company with a pan-European reach and excellent reputation with its myriad of customers ranging from large multi-national corporations to smaller independent operators. Having successfully diversified in recent years the company is now primed for a period of sustained growth.
As such they are looking to recruit an experienced Sales Director to further enhance their existing businesses development and account management operations. The incoming Sales Director will form part of an experienced and high calibre management team who are focussed on delivering a successful exit for all shareholders in 3-5 years’ time. This a fantastic opportunity to join a company with exciting growth plans and at a critical point in their continued development.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Director will play a key role in developing new and strengthening existing relationships with key clients across all target sectors, as well as building a fit for purpose sales function which will harness the growth of the company. The role is responsible for all sales and marketing activities of the group.
The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record as a senior sales executive. They will know what “good looks like” in terms of sales strategy and efficiency in a services/outsourcing company and most importantly they will be able to demonstrate a natural entrepreneurial/can do style and attitude. This role has the potential to develop into a senior board position (CEO), with the business likely to go through another transaction in the next 3-5 years.
- Manage, lead and motivate the sales/account management teams.
- Develop strategy with the Executive management team; identify attractive markets for the service mode.
- Responsible for all sales and marketing activities of the group (UK & Europe).
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Diversify into new sectors and be constantly looking for new opportunities and areas of growth.
- Generate strong sales pipeline and ultimately deliver new contract wins.
- Ensure existing contracts and customers are well served to protect contract renewal rate.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of senior sales role and success in £15m to £50m+ turnover businesses or larger corporates
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system or similar system would be helpful
- Excellent leadership and people development/mentoring experience. Must be comfortable with managing teams and working with board level directors.
- Used to and confident in making business critical decisions.
- Experience of sales and business development ideally at mid corporate level
- Experience of selling solutions to large organisations in the UK and Europe
- Sound knowledge of business systems and process improvement.
- Comfortable in fast moving entrepreneurial environment.
- Financially and operationally literate in terms of pricing profitable contracts
- Ideally degree educated from a recognised institution.
- Practically minded, not afraid of getting stuck in and hands on.
- Proven track record in achieving substantial sales targets
- Demonstrably driven and self-motivated in high change environments.
- Presence and gravitas, but someone who is personable and out-going.
- Motivated and enthused by difficulty & challenge, coupled with a strong competitive nature to excel and build the best team.
- Confident decision maker with the ability to nail actions and get things done
- Good problem solver. Capable of overcoming blocks and barriers.
- Equally passionate about the company as the rest of the team.
- Manages through example, trust and respect.
- European Language skills particularly German would be very useful, but not essential.